Monday, July 11, 2011

My Bright Idea

I'm gonna start out SO cliche and say "This is my very 1st Blog"  Aaaahhhhh!  I know you're impressed.  So here goes.  For some reason I have this infatuation with job searching.  I'm a stay at home mother of 2 and my husband is the sole financial provider, but I have this addiction to checking all the local websites to see what new jobs are out there.  I guess deep down inside I want to find the perfect job for me, that will accommodate my family lifestyle and pay me what I think my time is worth. $$$$$  So after years of browsing the job search websites I had this wonderful idea.  Wouldn't it be nice to know which companies really took good care of their employees.  For example, I have heard from several people that UPS is a great company to work for.  Their entry level positions pay a reasonable salary and if you stay with the company you have great potential to have a successful career with them.  That kind of company values the employee that spends 1/4th of their precious time working and making the employer more money.  I want to hear about companies who try to to create a safe, friendly work environment.  Now, I know that this sounds like an idealistic view and I don't expect perfection, but I would like to gather information from employees and share it with others.  Pretty simple.  I would like to spread the word about great companies.  If your company has any current openings, let me know and I will post it.  Believe me, I hear from all my working friends and family when they aren't happy with their job but you rarely hear the opposite.  My goal with this blog is to open the door of communication with those out in the work force.  You may find this helpful when looking for a new job or maybe just hear some encouraging words.   So if you would like to post a comment or email me I would be glad to anonomously share your thoughts and opinions with the world (or just my friends), either way let's all try to connect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment